Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Week of Oils Day 3.......Why...why...why...no but really WHY?!?!?!

Welcome back. 

So glad to see you back today. If you are just finding me, I am spending a week talking about one of my life's passions.....essential oils. Monday we began by talking about just WHAT the heck essential oils are. Yesterday we discussed the importance of knowing WHO manufactors your oils. Today we are getting a little more personal.



Today I am going to share my story about WHY I got started in essential oils. I have been using oils for about a year and a half. My friend who introduced me to them had been posting all over FB and Twitter about these amazing oils that were changing her life. Enter me World's Biggest Skeptic about Natural Remedies.

I grew up in a medical family. My Mom is a lifetime nurse and I have several other family members who are nurses or doctors. I have always loved medicine but never wanted the responsibility of being a doctor. When we got sick, we went to the doctor because it worked. I never really thought about what those Rx drugs were doing to my body. Having kids changed all that.

Not long after our oldest, let's call her Mischief, was born we noticed she had some pretty bad eczema. We never really could pin point a reason. We just treated the flair ups with HIGH dose steroid creams. She would cry and whine that they sting and burn her poor irritated skin. One day I had enough. I asked myself if this is hurting her, and never REALLY fixing the cause of the eczema, why are we doing this?!?! There has to be something better.

So I called my oily friend and asked for her help. She recommended a combo of Melrose oil blend and Rose Ointment.
Melrose

Rose Ointment
She said apply the oil then the ointment to the flairs and stand back and watch God's natural cures work. Well after about 3 days her eczema looked worse than it EVER had. Red, weepy, and just plain gross. I called my friend in a panic and she assured me this is the "detox" phase. The oils were literally drawing all the junk out of her skin that we had been putting on there for years. She calmed me down and said give it 3 more days and we would be amazed. Well we prayed ALOT and had faith that this would be our answer to our little girl's problem.

So I woke up a few days later hoping to see some improvement. I didn't see any improvement. What I saw was COMPLETE and TOTAL HEALING. Ya'll her eczema wasn't better.....it WAS GONE!!! Not sort of gone but beautiful, smooth and healthy skin the likes of which she hadn't had in years!

I cried with joy when she said "Momma look at my arms they are all better and those oils don't hurt me." I was sold.

Since then we have used them for EVERYTHING. Mischief and I both have been able to stop our OTC and Rx allergy meds. Neither of us have had a Zyrtec or Claritin in over a year thanks to the allergy trio of lavender, lemon and peppermint. My youngest daughter who we will call Mayhem, has never been a good sleeper. After getting the oils she now not only falls asleep without a fight but she STAYS asleep all night. She calls them her "sleepy time oils". Both the girls have their own personal diffuser and have their favorite oils to use during the day and night. 

Mischief started a new school this year for K5 and we used Valor and Vetiver everyday to give her a boost of self confidence and help her focus and feel secure in her new setting.

We have not been to the pediatrician for a sick visit in almost a year!! That's with 2 kids in school. That is not normal people. Schools are breading grounds for germs and kids are not the best at sanitary practices to keep germs and grossness at bay.

I like to tell people, you tell me what's bothering you and I will tell you what oil you need for that. Anxiety, stress, sleep, pain, allergies, weight loss, you name it there's an oil for that.

This is my WHY. I hope that by sharing this you will be encouraged to tackle one of your life's trouble spots and find your own WHY!! Leave me a comment if you want more info and come back tomorrow to hear all about WHEN you need to uses essential oils and WHEN to be careful before proceeding.

See ya'll tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment