Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pants off dance off

Phases.....all kids go through them. I went through an imaginary friend phase, an I think I am Annie from Little Orphan Annie phase and Mischief has had her share of strange obsessions.

Now it's Mayhem's turn. As of last Friday she has declared proclaimed insisted that she will from now and hence forth only wear dresses. When asked why she polietly said "It is far too hot to wear pants. Pants make me sad."

Pants make her sad. What does that even mean?!?!

What it means is that the gauntlet has been thrown, battle lines drawn, challenge issued. Because you see it's not as simple as put the 3yo girl in a dress, no no. This particular 3yo is, how you say, wild. She likes to stand on her head in said dresses, climb things in said dresses, pull up said dresses over her back and say "look at my cape" ::sigh::

So when pre-school starts back next week she has to wear shorts or bloomers under dresses. She will NOT like that because remember pants make her sad and yes bloomer are considered pants in the world of Mayhem. (see why I call her that now)

I am all for self expression. Kids have very little control over their little lives. They are told what to do, when to go to bed, what to eat so I get the need to exert some say so I just wasn't ready for it to happen so soon.


Did you kiddos go through any strange phases? How long did they last? I am sure this is the first of many with Mayhem that will test both our patience but hopefully we will learn a little something about each other too.

Mayhem is a funny, hard headed, unpredictable, loving hot mess of a kid. She can make me want to jump off of very tall things one minute then want to just sit and snuggle the next. You just never know with this kid.
yyeeeeeaaaaaaa
 So begins what shall be know as the Sad Pants phase. Who knows how long it will last but I do know I am enjoying buying up all the cute little dresses I see. (sorry budget)




No comments:

Post a Comment